Google
 

Monday, May 14, 2007

Hiatus Preview - constructing a complete theory

With only 3 hours (2 episodes) to go, the long, long hiatus awaits. Don't worry, Lostophiles. You'll get my recaps to "Greatest Hits" and "Through the Looking Glass" as soon as possible after these last two Season 3 outings air.

Going forward, I believe the end of Season 3 will leave us in a position to come up with a "complete theory of Lost" that I plan to debut this winter before Season 4 comes out. But I want this to be interactive.

In order to put this theory together, I first need to know all the questions the theory must answer. And this is where you come in.

This Thursday, after Grey's Anatomy, ABC will be airing a special in which Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse will tell us all the questions Lost has already answered. I plan to watch, and I suggest you do, too (since it's very likely we all still think some seemingly vague fact remains to be explained, when in fact it's already been revealed). The special will also preview some of the questions to be answered before the series ends.

But it cannot possibly preview all remaining questions. Before the end of May, I will post a list of all questions I think are currently open and in need of answers. Then I'll throw it out to all of you to send me additional questions. If I think I have answers already, I'll let you know what those answers are. If not, they will get added to the list. I plan to have the "complete" list available by July 4. From that list, I'll put together the master theory, which I'll submit to you all for review. Then we'll spend some time over the next few months honing the theory and, as the remaining three seasons air, we'll see how right we are, and make adjustments as new episodes bring new reveals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat idea, Dan!

Here is a question:

Why bring Juliet, a fertility doctor who has done groundbreaking research into how to get women pregnant, onto an island where fertility is not the issue, death during the pregnancy is? Why Juliet, specifically? Is there a clue in her research? I would think your usual ob/gyn doctor would be appropriate for this application.

More later!

Seven :)